FEDERAL SKILL TRADE
To be eligible under this steam, applicant must:
- Meet the required language levels (CLB) for each language ability:
- Writing – 4
- Reading – 4
- listening – 5
- speaking – 5
- Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before applying
- Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification, except for needing a certificate of qualification.
- Have a valid and approved job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority.
- No educational requirement
- Proof of funds needed unless with qualifying job offer or authorized/allowed to work in Canada.