Lonely/Orphaned Family Members

Canadian Immigration Services

If you are a permanent resident or Canadian citizen and is at least 18 years old and is residing in Canada and you do not have a son or daughter or parent, grandparent, brother or sister, nephew or niece, spouse or common law or conjugal partner who is a Canadian citizen or PR that can be sponsored by you, then you are eligible to sponsor your relative, regardless of age. If successful, your relative’s dependent will be joining the sponsor to Canada.

On the other hand, if you are at least 18 years old, a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, financially stable, you may be able to sponsor an orphaned classified relative (brother, sister, nephew, niece or a grandchild) under 18 years old, unmarried and/or not engaged in conjugal or common law relationship. For details, contact Chaest Immigration.